6th Street Pavement and Utility Repairs- Weber Avenue to Cliff Avenue
Progress Update: 05/17/2019A public open house is scheduled for Wednesday, May 22 from 5 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. at The Little Stone Church (1001 E. 6th Street)
- Sanitary sewer installation between French Ave. and Cliff Ave.
- Water main installation between French Ave. and Cliff Ave.
- Grading and gravel work between French Ave. and Cliff Ave.
- Concrete work between French Ave. and Cliff Ave.
- Asphalt paving between French Ave. and Cliff Ave.
- Curb and gutter and ADA accessibility improvements between Weber Ave. and French Ave.
- ADA accessibility improvements in Weber Ave. intersection.
- Grading and utility installation from 22nd Street to 12th Street
Commuter Route Information
Through traffic will be detoured to 8th Street. Local residents will be required to park on a side street during construction.
Sign Up for Notifications
Contract Amount: $1,050,000
Start Date: May 28
Completion Date: August 9
This project is being completed due to the poor condition of the existing street surface and the need to repair the underground utilities. The project will consist of curb and gutter repairs, accessible curb ramp improvements, an asphalt mill and overlay between Weber Avenue and French Avenue, and complete street reconstruction with sanitary sewer and water main replacement between French Avenue and Cliff Avenue.
City of Sioux Falls
Myrl and Roy’s Paving, Inc.