Building Services

Licensed Contractors

The City requires contractors for residential construction (RBC), mechanical (MCI), fire place (FPC), refrigeration (REF), plumbing (PLU), landscape irrigation (LI), electrical (ELC), residential only, class B electric (CB), and fire alarm (FAC). The following excel sheet contains contact information for all the contractor lists.

Complete Contractor Lists (Updated 6/30/17)

PDF’s of individual lists for contractor groups can be found through the following links:

Licensed Residential Building Contractors
Licensed Electrical Contractors
Licensed Mechanical (Heating & A/C) Contractors
Licensed Plumbing Contractors

Rental Housing Permit Application

Property owners using property as housing rentals are required by ordinance to register and obtain a permit from the City to use such property as residential unit(s).

Use the links below to download or submit an application online.

Rental Housing Permit Application

Building Inspection Requests

When requesting inspections, please have the following information:
1. Address
2. Building Permit number (Permit number displays all information.)
3. Contractor name and phone number (if applicable)
4. Your name and phone number
5. Owner or builder name
6. Time and date when job will be ready
7. Type of inspection and location on jobsite if needed
8. Any instructions for entry or access

The inspector will not enter an occupied dwelling unless an adult or contractor is present and gives permission. When requesting an inspection for a furnace, air conditioner, or rooftop replacement, the electrical contractor must be included as part of the inspection request.