Handwashing Lavatories and Supplies
Item 37 Hand washing Lavatories and Supplies 3 points
Because hand washing is an important factor in the prevention of foodborne illness, sufficient hand washing sinks must be available to make hand washing not only possible, but likely.
- Hand washing lavatories must be properly located.
- Water must have adequate flow and temperature.
- Hand cleanser and a hand drying device must be provided at each sink.
- Hand sinks must be maintained accessible, unobstructed, and in good condition.
- Must only be used for hand washing.
- Provide a waste receptacle.