Main Avenue Road Diet and Streetscaping
This project consists of streetscape and pedestrian improvements between 6th Street and 8th Street and intersection improvements at 13th Street. Main Avenue will remain open during construction, but 13th Street will be closed. The contractor is Bryan Wiseman Construction of Sioux Falls and the anticipated completion date is August of 2019.
- Phase 1A - 6th St and north Main Ave - partial curb and gutter replacement, sidewalk, and streetscape reconstruction on the east side of north Main Ave. Concrete planter removal and surfacing along the south side of 6th St.
- Phase 1B - north Main Ave - concrete planter removal and surfacing along the north side of W 6th St.
- Phase 1C - 8th St and north Main Ave - partial curb and gutter replacement, sidewalk, and streetscape reconstruction on the east side of Main Ave
- Phase 2 - south Main Ave and west 13th St - Partial curb and gutter replacement, sidewalk replacement and streetscape reconstruction on the east side of Main Ave at 13th St. Concrete pavement repair and sidewalk replacement on the north side of 13th St.
- Phase 3 - 415 south Main Ave - Partial curb and gutter replacement, sidewalk replacement and streetscape reconstruction on the west side of Main Ave
Commuter Route Information
Main St will remain open at all times. Expect closure of adjacent parking lanes. 13th St will be closed to through traffic.
Sign Up for Notifications
Estimated Completion Date:August 2019
Project Summary:Streetscape improvements along segments of 6th St, north Main Ave, south Main Ave and at the intersection of 13th St. Work includes selective surfacing removal and replacement, streetscape elements, landscape, storm sewer and utility adjustments.
City of Sioux FallsDena Knutson, Project Manager
Consultant Name:Chad Kucker with Confluence
Bryan Wiseman Construction