Duties of the Siouxland Heritage Museums Board:
- Be responsible to the City and County for the development and operation of a museum system composed of the Pettigrew Home and Museum and the Old Courthouse Museum and such other facilities brought into the joint museum system.
- Prepare and recommend an annual budget to be presented to the City Council and County Commission.
- Make policy for the development and operation of the joint museum system.
- Make recommendations to the City Council and County Commission regarding the hiring of a director and assistant director for the joint museum system.
- Adopt written rules and regulations as necessary to carry out its functions. Such rules and regulations shall not be in conflict with adopted rules, regulations, and ordinances of the City and County. The Board and staff shall review all rules and regulations annually and recommend appropriate amendments.
- Receive approval from the City and County for all operating rules and regulations.