Join Mayor Mike Huether for the Fourth of July Family Parade and Picnic
Celebrate our nation’s Independence Day with Mayor Mike Huether on Thursday, July 4, 2013, at the Fourth of July Family Parade and Picnic at Falls Park. This event will feature a free lunch for the first 5,000 attendees, live music and entertainment, as well as a 5K run/walk and a parade down Phillips Avenue.
“The Fourth of July Family Parade and Picnic is a favorite of mine,” says Mayor Mike Huether. “Our city celebrates our country’s independence in an incredibly special way, so this is one event you won’t want to miss!”
The event schedule for the celebration includes:
- 8 a.m. – 5K fun run/walk will begin at Falls Park. Preregister and receive a free T-shirt.
- 10 a.m. – Parade will begin at 13th Street and will travel down Phillips Avenue to Falls Park. To join in the parade, please register online.
- 11 a.m. – A free lunch will be served for the first 5,000 people in attendance.
- 11:30 a.m. – The Sioux Falls Municipal Band will perform.
- 12 p.m. – A short program will include the presentation of the flags, the singing of the national anthem, and a welcome address by Mayor Mike.
- 12:30 p.m. – Mogen’s Heroes will perform.
- 1:30 p.m. – Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare will be performed in the Queen Bee Mill.
For more information on this event, please visit us at www.siouxfalls.org.