2018 Wedding Reservations in Parks
Please click on the Wedding Reservation Policy in the right column under Resources to view or print complete information for wedding events. Wedding events are weddings and/or wedding rehearsals.
Parks and Recreation will help with your 2018 outdoor wedding arrangements by scheduling one of the following four park locations for your wedding event.
- McKennan Park Sunken Garden—$75 reservation fee.
- Sherman Park Gazebo—$75 reservation fee.
- Terrace Park Japanese Garden and Band Shell—$75 reservation fee.
- Tuthill House and Garden—$75 reservation fee plus $100 per 4-hour time block on weekends/holidays from May 1 through September 30 OR $75 reservation fee plus $25 per hour on weekdays year-round or on weekends/holidays from October 1 through April 30.
All reservation fees must be submitted with the application. Credit card charges will not be run until the reservation is confirmed. All wedding reservations fees are nonrefundable once your reservation is confirmed.
All activities associated with a weekend/holiday wedding MUST take place within the time block reserved. This includes any pre-wedding activities such as chair delivery, setup, decorating, photographs, etc., and any teardown/cleanup.
2018 weddings may be scheduled by submitting a 2018 Wedding Application Form to the Park Office, 100 East Sixth Street, Sioux Falls, SD 57104, by mail or in person. Click on the 2018 Wedding Reservation Application in the right column to download and print the form. Please read the Wedding Reservation Policy before submitting your application.
During a yearly early reservation period, applications delivered or postmarked from November 1 through November 30 are accepted. The earliest date to mail or deliver a 2018 Wedding Application is November 1, 2017. Wedding applications received after November 30, 2017, will be considered in the order they are received. Please call 605-367-8222 with any questions.
During the months of May through September, wedding events may be scheduling during two time blocks on Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays, or Holidays:
- Noon to 4 p.m.
- 6 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Area maintenance will take place before 12 noon and from 4 to 6 p.m.
- A weekend/holiday wedding cannot reserve both time blocks during any one day at any of the four wedding locations.
During the months of May through September, wedding events may be scheduled in hour increments on Mondays through Thursdays:
- 9 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Other Wedding Locations
Information on wedding reservations offered by three partner organizations is provided in the column to the right.