Terrace Park Japanese Garden and Band Shell Information and Rules
All activities associated with a reservation need to be planned within the time block reserved.
Park closing time of 10 p.m. must be observed. Event must be over and participants must be out of the park by 10 p.m. regardless of starting time.
- If your event uses amplified sound with a duration of more than one hour, you must contact the Health Department at 367 8760 about a permit, per Noise Control Ordinances Section 25 1/2-5.
- The Terrace Park Band Shell has 110-volt/20-amp electrical outlets. You must request electrical power for your event as the electrical box is kept locked.
- There are no electrical outlets available in the Japanese Garden.
- No vehicles are allowed on grass or sidewalks without a permit. Permits may be requested at the Parks and Recreation Office at 605-367-8222.
- Canopies are only allowed in a designated area near the Terrace Band Shell. If a canopy is used in a designated area, a permit must be obtained. Please call the Park Office at 605-367-8222 to request.
- There are approximately 10 benches available for your use in the Japanese Garden. Approximately 10 benches are also available in the Band Shell area.
- Chairs are allowed in the Japanese Garden or the Band Shell area, but they must be removed immediately after your event. You may bring your own chairs or you may rent them from area vendors. Chairs may not be delivered the day before your event and left overnight in the park. No chairs may be placed in flower or plant beds.
- Parking is available in the swimming pool parking lot and along residential streets for 50 to 75 cars.
- The Terrace Park Japanese Garden and Band Shell are considered a package and therefore cannot be individually reserved for wedding events.
- Users are requested to clean up litter. Please place trash in the containers provided.
- The reserving party will be held responsible for any damages caused by activities during the time the party has access to the property.
Thank you for following these rules during your event. For further information, please call the Park Office at 605-367-8222.