Ages 6 to 18
Sponsored by Wellmark Blue Cross and Blue Shield. Swim, bike, and run in this fun mini-triathlon.
- Ages 6 and 7 will swim 1 length of pool (33m), bike 1 full lap around park (.64 mile), run half mile
- Ages 8 and 9 will swim 1.5 lengths of pool (33m), bike 2 full laps around park (1.3 miles), run half mile
- Ages 10 and 11 will swim 2 lengths of pool (66m), bike 3 full laps around park (1.92 miles), run 1 mile
- Ages 12 and 13 will swim 100 m, bike 4 full laps around park (2.5 miles), run 1 mile
- Ages 14 to 18 will swim 200 m, bike 6 full laps around park (3.84 miles), run 1.5 miles
- NEW! Team event will swim 200 m, bike 6 full laps around park (3.84 miles), run 1.5 miles
Prizes will be awarded to the top three male and female finishers in each division, excluding the team event. Back by popular demand—chip timing with splits and overall time! Bring your swimsuit, towel, bike, helmet, and running shoes. Call Alli with questions at 978-6928.
Friday, August 1, 2014
||9 a.m. packet pick-up
Triathlon starting times:
10 a.m.................. 6 to 7 years
10:30 a.m............. 8 to 9 years
11 a.m.................. 10 to 11 years
11:30 a.m............. 12 to 13 years
12 p.m.................. 14 to 18 years
12:30 p.m…………… TEAM Event
Youth Triathalon Registration:
Register by July 18 to receive a T-shirt. Early registration fee is $10 through July 28. From July 29 through August 1 (race day) the registration fee is $15.
Ages 6 to 18
Kuehn Park and Pool
If you are planning on competing in the Youth Triathlon, or just want to learn what it is all about, this is for you. Practice your swimming, biking, and running skills while getting tips on how to improve. Snowfox swim team and Avera Sports Institute Tri Group will be onsite to assist with training. Bring your swimsuit, towel, bike, helmet, and running shoes each day. Tuesday’s class will focus on swimming and practice on transitioning to bike. Wednesday’s class will focus on bike etiquette, riding the bike route, and transitioning to the run.
Thursday’s class will focus on transitioning from the bike and running the race route.
July 29–31, Tuesday–Thursday
10 to 11 a.m.................ages 6 to 11
11 a.m. to 12 noon......ages 12 to 18
Fee: $20 for camp. Register by July 23. Call with questions at 978-6928