This section contains information, schedules and documents pertaining to plumbing work performed by homeowners and professional contractors.
For information not found in this section, please contact the Building Services Department.
The 2009 Edition of the Uniform Plumbing Code (UPC), which is published by the International Association of Plumbing and Mechanical Officials (IAPMO). The 2009 Uniform Plumbing Code comprehensively regulates plumbing systems with up-to-date new technology and industry practices and is focused on scientifically-based health and safety concerns which provide minimum standards and requirements to safeguard the public by regulating and controlling the design, construction, installation, quality of materials, location, operation and maintenance, or use of plumbing systems.
Plumbing Inspection Requests
When requesting inspections, please have the following information:
2. Building Permit number. (Permit # displays all info.)
3. Plumbing Contractor Name & phone number. (if applicable)
4. Your name and phone number.
5. Owner or Builder name.
6. Time and date when job will be ready.
7. Type of inspection and location on jobsite if needed.
8. Any instructions for entry or access.
The inspector will not enter an occupied dwelling unless an adult or contractor is present and gives permission.