Shape Sioux Falls
The Shape Sioux Falls 2035 Comprehensive Plan has an update currently being considered for adoption
The Shape Sioux Falls 2035 Comprehensive Plan was adopted by the Sioux Falls City Council on December 7, 2009.
The future is “shaped” today!
To review chapter documents see the links for each chapter.
A comprehensive plan develops policies that will help guide future ordinances, budgets, and master plans.
Last Comprehensive Plan had a horizon for 2015 (that is in 5 ½ years)
A comprehensive plan guides future land development.
- Introduction and Chapter 1 - Shape Community
- Chapter 2 - Shape Growth
- Chapter 3 - Shape Neighborhoods
- Chapter 4 - Shape Transitions
- Chapter 5 - Shape Places
- Chapter 6 - Shape Corridors
- Chapter 7 - Shape Facilities
- Chapter 8 - Shape Foundations
- Chapter 9 - Shape Resources
- Chapter 10 - Shape Implementation
- Map 1A - Current Land Use
- Map 1B - Annexed Areas
- Map 2A - Developmental Areas
- Map 2B - Sanitary Availability
- Map 2C - Water and Roads
- Map 2D - Public Facilities and Proposed Drainage Basins
- Map 3A - Future Land Use
- Map 6A - Corridor Development Patterns
- Map 8A - Neighborhood Conservation Areas
- Map 8B - Historic Districts
- Map 9A - Critical Open Space and Environmental Assets
- Map 9B - Man-Made Development Constraints
- Map 10 - Annexation Priorities