Public Works manages the Streets, Utilities, Landfill, and Household Hazardous Waste Facility (HHWF) for the city of Sioux Falls. We also facilitate the planning, design, and construction of the city’s annual capital improvement plan.
We are responsible for:
- maintaining the streets, including snow removal
- delivering fresh drinking water
- collecting and treating wastewater
- maintaining the storm sewer system
- delivering power to our power customers while maintaining the street light system
- operating the Regional Landfill and HHWF
We strive to exceed our customers’ expectations and deliver safe streets and good reliable utilities. These are key reasons citizens live and work in Sioux Falls.
Our city continues to see proactive growth and Public Works plays a key role in coordinating the street network and utilities to support this development.