Non-Profit Sustainability Grant Program
The Sustainability Community Non-Profit Grant Program is a Public Works initiative designed to encourage non-profit organizations to apply for up to $10,000 in funding for projects which help to meet the goals within the City’s Sustainability Master Plan. Total funding is limited to $10,000. The application deadline is March 1, 2018, and the award recipient(s) will be notified on April 2, 2018. The Sustainability Master Plan outlines specific goals within the focus areas of waste minimization, water resources, energy, transportation, built & natural environment, and community development. Projects must work towards advancing at least one of the following goals within the Sustainability Master Plan:
- Waste Minimization: Improve community health and safety by providing programs, education and leadership to reduce waste generation; increase innovative waste diversion programs; and appropriately manage toxic and hazardous materials.
- Water Resources: Wisely manage local and regional water, wastewater and storm water to create a high quality, sustainable system.
- Energy: Utilize clean, efficient, and reliable energy for the city and community as a whole.
- Transportation: Provide an efficient, multi-modal, and cost-effective transportation system that offers increasingly clean measures for all users.
- Built and Natural Environment: Promote sustainable land use and development to manage growth while conserving the environment and natural resources.
- Community Vitality: Promote health and wellness by encouraging businesses, government agencies, non-profits, and individuals to improve the community’s triple bottom line.
“Sioux Falls is home to a wide-variety of non-profit organizations which are all working hard to help enhance our community. We want to work with these organizations to identify common goals and continue to make Sioux Falls a sustainable place to live, work, and play,” says Sustainability Coordinator Jessica Sexe.
View the grant application. Applications can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Sustainability Grant Application’, or mailed/dropped off at the address below:
Environmental Division of Public Works
Attn: Jessica Sexe
1017 East Chambers Street
Sioux Falls, SD 57105