A snow alert is declared if the City plans to plow all streets. At this time, parking restrictions go into effect in Zones 1, 2 and 3. Vehicles on the streets will be subject to ticketing and towing when a snow alert has been issued. The following information explains how the City plows each zone during a snow alert.
Zone 1 (Downtown)
- Area is bounded by Minnesota Avenue on the west, 3rd Avenue on the east, 14th Street on the south, and 4th Street on the north, and includes Phillips Avenue from 5th Street to Falls Park Drive, Main Avenue from Falls Park Drive to 4th Street, 6th Street from Weber Avenue to Phillips Avenue, and 8th Street from Cliff Avenue to Phillips Avenue.
- Residents will be notified through the media when snow plowing will begin.
- Vehicles will be ticketed and towed between the hours of 1 a.m. and 6 a.m.
- No snow from sidewalks may be deposited on streets once they have been cleared.
Zone 2 (Core Area)
- Area is bounded by Western Avenue on the west, Cliff Avenue on the east, Russell Street on the north, and 33rd Street on the south.
- North-south streets will be plowed during the daytime from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- East-west streets will be plowed at night from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Plowing may begin at any time between the above-stated hours.
- During plowing hours, all vehicles parked in violation will be ticketed and are subject to towing.
- There is no parking on emergency snow routes.
- You may resume parking on Zone 2 streets after they have been plowed curb to curb.
Zone 3 (Remainder of the City)
- No parking, day or night, on any public street, including emergency snow routes, until all snow removal is complete.
- You may resume parking on Zone 3 streets after they have been plowed curb to curb.