12th Street, Minnesota Avenue to Summit Avenue
Project Update 05/31/2019
Wet weather is slowing project progress. Pedestrian detours have been set up at Summit Avenue. Tree removals have been completed for the project. Utility work between Spring Avenue and Summit Avenue will continue for the next 2 to 3 weeks, then work will move toward Minnesota Avenue, closing the block between Spring and Minnesota.
- Phase 1 – removal of existing surfacing west side of Summit Ave to West side of Spring Ave
- Phase 1 – installation of water main pipe and other underground utility work
- Phase 2 – removal of existing surfacing west side of Spring Ave to Minnesota Ave
- Phase 2 – installation of water main pipe and other underground utility work
- Phase 1 & 2 – final grading, curb / gutter installation
- Phase 1 & 2 – asphalt paving
Commuter Route Information
- 12th Street remains closed from Spring Avenue to West of Summit Avenue.
- The 12th Street closure from Spring Avenue to Minnesota Avenue will begin in approximately 2-3 weeks.
- The intersections of 12th & Summit and 12th & Duluth will be closed for the entirety of the project, with 12th & Spring likely closing in mid-June.
- A Pedestrian detour route will be provided at Summit Avenue for Phase 1 construction.
- A pedestrian detour route will be provided at Minnesota Avenue for Phase 2 construction.
Sign Up for Notifications
Estimated Completion Date:50 Working Days and by November 1, 2019
Project Summary:This project will reconstruct 12th Street between Minnesota Avenue and Summit Avenue. Improvements include new water main, sanitary sewer repairs, storm drainage repairs, street light improvements, new accessible curb ramps, curb and gutter, and asphalt surfacing.
City of Sioux FallsKari Johnson, Project Manager
Consultant Name:Sayre Associates
Asphalt Surfacing Company