33rd & Minnesota Intersection Reconstruction
Project Update 6/9/2021
- Construction has started on Phase 1.
- Utility work is in progress for Phase 1.
- Watermain and Sanitary Sewer are complete. Storm Drainage system improvements are currently being installed.
- While storm drainage system improvements are being constructed, the contractor will start to get the site to grade at the Dakota and 33rd intersection and work done 33rd Street to Minnesota Ave.
- After the site is to grade, the contractor will install base course.
- ADA ramps and Pavement and utility repairs at 24th Street are almost complete.
- Pavement joint repairs are almost complete on 26th Street in the intersection of Spring Avenue.
- Mid-American has been on site to relocate 2 gas mains.
- They are just finishing up for Phase 1.
Commuter Route Information:
- Variable message boards announcing road work ahead are in place on Minnesota Avenue.
- Phase 1 closure of 33rd Street and Minnesota Avenue intersection is in effect.
- All traffic is pushed west on Minnesota Avenue with one lane open in each direction.
- 33rd Street is closed from Dakota Avenue to Minnesota Avenue.
- Right-turn only turns are allowed on the opposite side of the intersection that the construction is occurring.
- Lane closure along Minnesota Avenue are in place for the work at 24th Street.
- Lane closure along 26th Street is place for work at Spring Intersection.
- Delays are expected, especially during peak traffic hours. Please consider alternate routes.
- 33rd & Minnesota Intersection (East Half Closed)
- 33rd & Minnesota Intersection (West Half Closed)
- 24th Street Intersection ADA Ramps and Pavement Repairs
- 25th Street ADA Ramps and Pavement Repairs
- 26th Street Joint Repairs & Drainage Improvements
- 28th Street ADA Ramps and Pavement Repairs
- 31st Street ADA Ramps and Pavement Repairs
This project will reconstruct the 33rd Street & Minnesota Intersection due to the deteriorated condition of the underground utilities and street pavement. Improvements include new watermain, sanitary sewer repairs, storm sewer, traffic signal replacement, new accessible curb ramps, curb and gutter, and concrete pavement.
ADA Corner ramps and surrounding pavement will be replaced at the intersections of 24th, 25th, 28th, and 31st Street (West Side).
Drainage improvements will be made at the intersection of 26th Street and Dakota Avenue.
Joint repairs will be made in the intersection of 26th Street and Spring Avenue.
City of Sioux Falls
Ulteig Engineers, Inc.
Office: 605 323 6022
Cell: 605 359 7779
On Site Representative:
T&R Contracting, Inc.