33rd & Minnesota Intersection Reconstruction
Project Update 10/15/2021
- The project is substantially complete, and the intersection of 33rd Street and Minnesota Avenue is fully open to traffic.
- All side roads (24th Street, 25th Street, 28th Street, 31st Street, 26th Street & Spring, and 26th Street and Dakota) are also fully open.
- This will be the last update for the project.
Commuter Route Information:
- All roads are open.
- Periodic lane closures may occur as final cleanup and punchlist items are addressed.
- 33rd & Minnesota Intersection (East Half Closed)
- 33rd & Minnesota Intersection (West Half Closed)
- 24th Street Intersection ADA Ramps and Pavement Repairs
- 25th Street ADA Ramps and Pavement Repairs
- 26th Street Joint Repairs & Drainage Improvements
- 28th Street ADA Ramps and Pavement Repairs
- 31st Street ADA Ramps and Pavement Repairs
This project will reconstruct the 33rd Street & Minnesota Intersection due to the deteriorated condition of the underground utilities and street pavement. Improvements include new watermain, sanitary sewer repairs, storm sewer, traffic signal replacement, new accessible curb ramps, curb and gutter, and concrete pavement.
ADA Corner ramps and surrounding pavement will be replaced at the intersections of 24th, 25th, 28th, and 31st Street (West Side).
Drainage improvements will be made at the intersection of 26th Street and Dakota Avenue.
Joint repairs will be made in the intersection of 26th Street and Spring Avenue.
City of Sioux Falls
Ulteig Engineers, Inc.
Office: 605 323 6022
Cell: 605 359 7779
On Site Representative:
T&R Contracting, Inc.