33rd & Minnesota Intersection Reconstruction
Project Update 2/9/2021
Commuter Route Information:
- Minnesota Avenue: During construction in the 33rd Street and Minnesota Avenue Intersection commuter traffic on Minnesota Avenue will be reduced to one lane in each direction. Right-turn only movements will be allowed on the opposite side of the intersection that the construction is occurring.
- 33rd Street: During Phase 1 & 2 of the intersection work, 33rd Street will be closed to through traffic from Spring Avenue to Dakota Avenue. 33rd Street commuter traffic will be detoured to 26th Street via Phillips Avenue and Grange Avenue.
- Side Streets: When work is being performed, the side streets will be closed to through traffic at the 31st, 28th, 24th, 25th intersections (West Side). In addition, there will be a single lane closure on Minnesota Avenue when work is being performed.
- Pedestrian Traffic: Pedestrian detours will be in place at the 33rd Street and Minnesota Avenue Intersection as well as the multiple side streets where ADA corner ramps are being reconstructed.
- 26th Street: During the construction work along 26th Street between Spring Avenue and Dakota Avenue traffic will be shifted around to allow for the joint repair work. One lane of traffic in each direction will be maintained at all times.
Near the traffic control zones, access to business driveways may be impacted during certain portions of construction, but the Contractor will maintain access at all times. Temporary access routes may be provided. Access for pedestrian traffic will also be maintained by the Contractor.
The Contractor will make an effort to work with property owners if temporary access is required due to an unforeseen event.
Although construction phasing will be implemented to reduce impacts to traffic, capacity will be reduced along Minnesota Avenue and at the intersection of 33rd Street. Delays are expected, especially during peak traffic hours.
- 33rd & Minnesota Intersection (East Half Closed)
- 33rd & Minnesota Intersection (West Half Closed)
- 24th Street Intersection ADA Ramps and Pavement Repairs
- 25th Street ADA Ramps and Pavement Repairs
- 26th Street Joint Repairs & Drainage Improvements
- 28th Street ADA Ramps and Pavement Repairs
- 31st Street ADA Ramps and Pavement Repairs
This project will reconstruct the 33rd Street & Minnesota Intersection due to the deteriorated condition of the underground utilities and street pavement. Improvements include new watermain, sanitary sewer repairs, storm sewer, traffic signal replacement, new accessible curb ramps, curb and gutter, and concrete pavement.
ADA Corner ramps and surrounding pavement will be replaced at the intersections of 24th, 25th, 28th, and 31st Street (West Side).
Drainage improvements will be made at the intersection of 26th Street and Dakota Avenue.
Joint repairs will be made in the intersection of 26th Street and Spring Avenue.
City of Sioux Falls
Ulteig Engineers, Inc.
Office: 605 323 6022
Cell: 605 359 7779
On Site Representative:
T&R Contracting, Inc.