33rd & Minnesota Intersection Reconstruction
Project Update 9/16/2021
- Phase 2 is currently underway.
- Underground Utility Work has been completed (Watermain and Storm Drainage System).
- Private utilities have been on site to relocate the gas main and fix the lid of an underground vault.
- The contractor has graded 33rd Street from Spring Avenue to Minnesota Avenue, and the 33rd Street & Minnesota Avenue intersection.
- Gravel and fabric will be installed soon.
- Accessible curb ramp improvements and storm drainage work at 31st Street & Minnesota Avenue, as well as at 26th Street & Dakota Avenue has started.
Commuter Route Information:
- Phase 2 closure of the 33rd Street and Minnesota Avenue intersection is in effect.
- All traffic is pushed east on Minnesota Avenue with one lane open in each direction.
- 33rd Street is closed from Spring Avenue to Minnesota Avenue.
- Right-turns only are allowed on the opposite side of the intersection that the construction is occurring.
- Traffic Control is set up at 31st Street & Minnesota Avenue, as well as at 26th Street & Dakota Avenue.
- Southbound traffic is reduced to one lane on Minnesota Avenue at the 31st Street intersection.
- Delays are expected, especially during peak traffic hours.
- Please consider alternate routes.
- 33rd & Minnesota Intersection (East Half Closed)
- 33rd & Minnesota Intersection (West Half Closed)
- 24th Street Intersection ADA Ramps and Pavement Repairs
- 25th Street ADA Ramps and Pavement Repairs
- 26th Street Joint Repairs & Drainage Improvements
- 28th Street ADA Ramps and Pavement Repairs
- 31st Street ADA Ramps and Pavement Repairs
This project will reconstruct the 33rd Street & Minnesota Intersection due to the deteriorated condition of the underground utilities and street pavement. Improvements include new watermain, sanitary sewer repairs, storm sewer, traffic signal replacement, new accessible curb ramps, curb and gutter, and concrete pavement.
ADA Corner ramps and surrounding pavement will be replaced at the intersections of 24th, 25th, 28th, and 31st Street (West Side).
Drainage improvements will be made at the intersection of 26th Street and Dakota Avenue.
Joint repairs will be made in the intersection of 26th Street and Spring Avenue.
City of Sioux Falls
Ulteig Engineers, Inc.
Office: 605 323 6022
Cell: 605 359 7779
On Site Representative:
T&R Contracting, Inc.