57th Street and Solberg Intersection Improvements
This project consists of adding turn lanes to improve traffic flow and safety and reduce driver delay. Traffic will be maintained during the majority of construction with lane closures. The contractor is T & R Contracting, Inc. of Sioux Falls and work is anticipated to be complete by August of 2019.
- Phase 1: Construction of right turn land from westbound 57th Street to northbound Solberg Avenue. Construction of right turn lane from eastbound 57th Street to southbound Solberg Avenue. Removal of slip lane along the southeast corner of the intersection.
- Phase 2: Asphalt mill and overlay the outside lanes of 57th Street and Solberg Avenue.
- Phase 3: Asphalt mill and overlay the inside lanes of 57th Street and Solberg Avenue.
- Phase 4: Installation of new traffic signals.
Commuter Route Information
- 57th Street and Solberg Avenue through traffic will be maintained at all times.
- Traffic will be reduced to one lane in each direction.
- Turning movements will not be allowed for Phases 2 and 3.
Sign Up for Notifications
Estimated Completion DateAugust 2019
Contract Amount 1,244,444 million
Project Summary Increase the capacity of the intersection by adding turn lanes and new traffic signals. The pavement will also be rehabilitated with an asphalt mill and overlay.
City of Sioux Falls
John Osman, Project Manager
Contractor NameT&R Contracting