57th Street and Solberg Intersection Improvements
- Phase 1: Construction of right turn land from westbound 57th Street to northbound Solberg Avenue. Construction of right turn lane from eastbound 57th Street to southbound Solberg Avenue. Removal of slip lane along the southeast corner of the intersection.
- Phase 2: Asphalt mill and overlay the outside lanes of 57th Street and Solberg Avenue.
- Phase 3: Asphalt mill and overlay the inside lanes of 57th Street and Solberg Avenue.
- Phase 4: Installation of new traffic signals.
Commuter Route Information
- All lanes are currently open to traffic on 57th Street and Solberg Avenue in all directions.
- However starting this Friday a manhole casting needs to be adjusted in the westbound lanes along the east leg of 57th Street. We will need to close the southern straight through lane for 3-4 days to adjust and allow concrete to cure. One straight through will remain open and all turn lanes will be open.
- There are two water valves that need adjusting on Solberg Avenue. We will need to close the southbound left turn lane along the north leg of the intersection. We will need 3-4 days to adjust and allow concrete to cure.
- A small pavement void in the westbound straight through lane will be filled with grout then asphalted. This will be performed under traffic with proper signage. Another void is identified in the eastbound right turn lane. This work will have little effect on traffic.
- Permanent traffic signals and street lights will be installed when material is delivered. The retaining wall will be sealed when the concrete cure time is met.
Sign Up for Notifications
Estimated Completion DateAugust 2019
Contract Amount 1,244,444 million
Project Summary Increase the capacity of the intersection by adding turn lanes and new traffic signals. The pavement will also be rehabilitated with an asphalt mill and overlay.
City of Sioux Falls
John Osman, Project Manager
Contractor NameT&R Contracting