69th Street & Sycamore Avenue Improvements
Project Update 6/18/2021
- The contractor has completed the underground utility work.
- The contractor will be working on grading and gravelling on the project over the next few weeks.
Commuter Route Information:
- 69th Street is closed from Bahnson Avenue through Sycamore Avenue.
- Sycamore Avenue is closed from Graystone Avenue through the intersection of 69th Street.
- Traffic Control and Erosion Control
- Private Utility Relocation
- Storm Drainage
- Sanitary Sewer
- Curb & Gutter
- Other Concrete Work
- Asphalt Paving
- Street Lighting
- Signs and Striping
October 22, 2021
This project consists of grading, utility, and surfacing construction on 69th Street (from 500’ East of Bahnson Avenue to 670’ East of Sycamore Avenue) and on Sycamore Avenue (from 500’ North of 69th Street to the Intersection of 69th and Sycamore). Underground utility work will include sanitary sewer, watermain, and storm sewer. Surfacing will include geofabric and aggregate base course, concrete curb & gutter, asphalt pavement, concrete sidewalk, pavement marking, lighting, traffic conduit, and permanent signing. Private utility companies will also be upgrading and relocating their facilities during the project. This project is development driven to meet the traffic needs in the area.
City of Sioux Falls