69th Street & Sycamore Avenue Improvements
Project Update 9/24/2021
- The project is substantially complete. Most of the project will be opened up on Friday, September 24.
- 69th Street east of Sycamore Avenue will open on Saturday, September 25 after installation of some guardrail.
- Seeding will take place in the coming weeks.
- This will be the last project update.
Commuter Route Information:
- By the end of the day on Friday, September 24, 69th Street from Bahnson Avenue to Sycamore Avenue, and Sycamore Avenue from 65th Street to the south will reopen to traffic.
- 69th Street from Sycamore Avenue to the east is expected to reopen by the end of the day on Saturday, September 25.
- Traffic Control and Erosion Control
- Private Utility Relocation
- Storm Drainage
- Sanitary Sewer
- Curb & Gutter
- Other Concrete Work
- Asphalt Paving
- Street Lighting
- Signs and Striping
October 22, 2021
This project consists of grading, utility, and surfacing construction on 69th Street (from 500’ East of Bahnson Avenue to 670’ East of Sycamore Avenue) and on Sycamore Avenue (from 500’ North of 69th Street to the Intersection of 69th and Sycamore). Underground utility work will include sanitary sewer, watermain, and storm sewer. Surfacing will include geofabric and aggregate base course, concrete curb & gutter, asphalt pavement, concrete sidewalk, pavement marking, lighting, traffic conduit, and permanent signing. Private utility companies will also be upgrading and relocating their facilities during the project. This project is development driven to meet the traffic needs in the area.
City of Sioux Falls