6th Street Pavement and Utility Repairs- Weber Avenue to Cliff Avenue
Progress Update: 7/12/2019
- The French Avenue and Cliff Avenue sidewalk corner ramps were removed and replaced with ADA compliant ramps. The curb and gutter, sidewalk, and driveway approaches were poured and the base course underneath the roadway was placed on 6th Street between Cliff Avenue and French Avenue.
- Weather permitting, work in the next couple weeks includes patching the asphalt removal areas, placing the bottom lift of asphalt between Cliff Avenue and French Avenue, and milling and overlaying 6th Street.
- Sanitary sewer installation between French Ave. and Cliff Ave.
- Water main installation between French Ave. and Cliff Ave.
- Grading and gravel work between French Ave. and Cliff Ave.
- Concrete work between French Ave. and Cliff Ave.
- Asphalt paving between French Ave. and Cliff Ave.
- Curb and gutter and ADA accessibility improvements between Weber Ave. and French Ave.
- ADA accessibility improvements in Cliff Ave. intersection
- ADA accessibility improvements in Weber Ave. intersection.
- Street mill and overlay between Weber Ave. and French Ave.
Commuter Route Information
- Traffic is detoured to 8th Street via Cliff Avenue and Weber Avenue.
- The outside westbound lane on 6th Street will be closed near the Weber Avenue intersection from July 10th to July 13th.
Sign Up for Notifications
Contract Amount: $1,050,000
Start Date: May 28
Completion Date: August 9
This project is being completed due to the poor condition of the existing street surface and the need to repair the underground utilities. The project will consist of curb and gutter repairs, accessible curb ramp improvements, an asphalt mill and overlay between Weber Avenue and French Avenue, and complete street reconstruction with sanitary sewer and water main replacement between French Avenue and Cliff Avenue.
City of Sioux Falls
Myrl and Roy’s Paving, Inc.