6th Street Pavement and Utility Repairs- Weber Avenue to Cliff Avenue
Progress Update: 8/15/2019
- The south Weber Avenue sidewalk corner ramps were removed and replaced with ADA compliant ramps.
- The damaged storm sewer pipe under Weber Avenue has been replaced.
- Joint repairs and concrete paving have been completed on Weber Avenue.
- Weather permitting, work in the next two weeks includes seeding around Weber Avenue, running underground fiber-optic lines along 6th Street, and adding traffic detection loops at 6th Street and Cliff Avenue.
- This will be the final project update as the project is scheduled to be complete by the end of this week.
- Sanitary sewer installation between French Ave. and Cliff Ave.
- Water main installation between French Ave. and Cliff Ave.
- Grading and gravel work between French Ave. and Cliff Ave.
- Concrete work between French Ave. and Cliff Ave.
- Asphalt paving between French Ave. and Cliff Ave.
- Curb and gutter and ADA accessibility improvements between Weber Ave. and French Ave.
- ADA accessibility improvements in Cliff Ave. intersection
- ADA accessibility improvements in Weber Ave. intersection.
- Street mill and overlay between Weber Ave. and French Ave.
Commuter Route Information
- 6th Street has been reopened to traffic, and Weber Avenue is scheduled to reopen by the end of this week.
Sign Up for Notifications
Contract Amount: $1,050,000
Start Date: May 28
Completion Date: August 9
This project is being completed due to the poor condition of the existing street surface and the need to repair the underground utilities. The project will consist of curb and gutter repairs, accessible curb ramp improvements, an asphalt mill and overlay between Weber Avenue and French Avenue, and complete street reconstruction with sanitary sewer and water main replacement between French Avenue and Cliff Avenue.
City of Sioux Falls
Myrl and Roy’s Paving, Inc.