6th Street Bridge
Project Update 1/26/2023
- Public Open House is scheduled for January 31, 2023 from 4-6 p.m. at the Downtown Library, 200 N Dakota Ave.
- 6th Street closure for bridge demolition planned to begin early-February.
Commuter Route Information:
- 6th Street is currently open to traffic.
- 6th Street and bike trail underneath the bridge will be fully closed to vehicles and pedestrians once construction begins construction.
- Access to LSS and Cherapa II will be maintained via 6th Street from Weber Ave.
- Street Closure; Removals
- Bridge Construction
- Street Lights, Sidewalk, Streetscape
- Site Restoration
The City of Sioux Falls will be reconstructing 6th Street from the Big Sioux River to Weber Ave, including bridge, roadway, and underground utility improvements.
City of Sioux Falls
Infrastructure Design Group
SFC Civil Constructors/Journey Group