Any registered Sioux Falls voter may vote by absentee ballot. Voters do not need to provide a reason in order to absentee vote. Absentee ballots are available no later than 15 days prior to the Sioux Falls Regular Municipal Election and seven (7) days prior to the Sioux Falls Municipal Runoff Election.
DATE OF SIOUX FALLS’ 2020 REGULAR MUNICIPAL ELECTION – April 14, 2020
Voter Registration Deadline – March 30, 2020
Absentee Voting Begins No Later Than – March 30, 2020
Deadline to Apply for an Absentee Ballot – 5 p.m. on April 13, 2020
VOTING BY ABSENTEE BALLOT
- Ensure you are registered to vote.
- To vote absentee by mail, download and print an Absentee Ballot Application (Click link to download) and submit/mail your original, signed application to your county auditor. A new application must be completed each calendar year.
Lincoln County Auditor
Minnehaha County Auditor
- All registered Sioux Falls voters may vote absentee in-person at the Minnehaha County Auditor’s Office (415 N. Dakota Ave., Sioux Falls, SD 57104) once Absentee Voting begins by bringing along a valid photo ID. If a voter does not have a photo ID, they must be given the option to sign a personal identification affidavit and vote a regular ballot.
- In the event of confinement because of sickness or disability, a qualified voter may apply in writing and obtain an absentee ballot by authorized messenger. An authorized messenger delivers the ballot from the Minnehaha County Auditor to the qualified voter and then delivers the marked ballot back to the Minnehaha County Auditor. Any application for a ballot by authorized messenger must be received before 3:00 p.m. the day of the election.
- If you are a military or overseas citizen please visit the linked pages to view absentee requirements.