E. 6th Street Concrete Rehabilitation and Asphalt Overlay from N. Leadale Avenue to N. Sycamore Avenue
Project Update 2/17/2023
Commuter Route Information:
- This project is anticipated to begin in May 2023.
- Lane closures will be in place.
- At a minimum, one lane of traffic will always remain open in both directions.
- Curb & gutter and fillet repairs
- Concrete panel and joint repairs
- Partial depth pavement repairs
- Accessible sidewalk replacement
- Seeding & topsoil placement
- Asphalt overlay
- Diamond grinding of concrete pavement surface
- Reseal concrete pavement joints
- Pavement Markings
This project will rehabilitate East 6th Street between North Leadale Avenue to North Sycamore Avenue. Work will include full depth concrete patching, partial depth concrete patching, curb and gutter repair, sidewalk ADA ramp replacement and diamond grinding of the finished pavement to provide a smooth and uniform driving surface. Due to the deteriorated condition of the existing concrete pavement, the area from I229 to Shepherd Avenue will receive an asphalt overlay.
City of Sioux Falls
Marshall Engineering Inc.