Highland Addition Street and Utility Improvements
Project Update 5/29/2020
- The contractor is in the process of installing storm drainage system.
- Storm drainage system will continue for this week and part of next.
- After that, the roadway grade will be cement stabilized in prepartation for gravel and asphalt.
- Phase 1: 4th Street Cliff Avenue to Sherman Avenue
- Phase 2: 5th Street Cliff Avenue to Wayland Avenue
- Phase 2A: 6th Street and Wayland Avenue and 6th Street and Sherman Avenue Intersections
Commuter Route Information:
- Work will be performed in 2 phases, each phase will be a full closure.
- This project affects local traffic only during each phase.
- 4th Street will have a pedestrian detour.
- 5th Street will be constructed to maintain pedestrian traffic to the best extent possible.
Removal and reconstruction of the existing pavement including curb and gutter and construction of ADA compliant sidewalk ramps at the intersections. Utility work includes storm sewer, sanitary sewer and watermain improvements.
City of Sioux Falls
Office: 605 367 8640
Office: 605 323 6022
Cell: 605 359 7779
Hulstein Excavating, Inc.