Job Opportunity: Interim (includes access to the City's health insurance)
Accounting Technician Job Opportunities
Rate: $18-22 per hour
The City of Sioux Falls Finance Department is accepting applications for an Interim Accounting Technician. The qualified applicant will provide business and financial support within the Finance Office.
- Complete payments by processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices for all departments of the City. Ensure payments are accurate and completed in a timely manner. Allocate expenditures to the correct general ledger and project ledger accounts.
- Complete purchasing card invoice reviews, general ledger verifications and reconciliations within the expense management software platform.
- Provide centralized travel services for all City departments in accordance with the City travel policy. Provide support in fully implementing the travel management software platform.
- Enter and distribute invoices using multiple invoicing systems. Complete reconciliations of outstanding receivables on a systemwide and customer basis. Follow up with customers as necessary to ensure payments are received in a timely manner.
- Receive and receipt revenue payments to the City for a variety of business transactions and across multiple point-of-sale systems. Prepare and reconcile deposits, post transactions, and complete batch processing between systems. Review and reconcile third-party point-of-sale system receipts to the primary general ledger within the centralized financial system.
- Provide frontline support and guidance to other employees on general system functionality of software. Support systems workflow, inputting information, retrieving records, and maintaining accurate databases. Document workflow that outline work process and information flow.
- Respond to more difficult or varied inquiries or requests from both internal personnel and external customers. Promote effective relationships with the public, customers, vendors, and other employees.
- Perform other such duties and functions as are necessary or incidental to the proper performance of this position.
This is an interim position, meaning a non-civil service 40 hours per week position with no benefits except access to the City of Sioux Falls’ health insurance program.
Qualifications and Skills:
Graduation from an accredited college or university or vocational/technical school with an associate’s degree in business administration, finance, accounting, computer support, or related field and a minimum of two (2) years’ business experience; or any such combination of education, experience, and training as may be acceptable to the hiring authority.
Apply today to become part of ONE Team and help us take care of today for a better tomorrow! This job listing is open until filled. EOE.
Our core values of safety, teamwork, innovation, character and respect build community from the inside out. Employees’ top culture drivers include a strong sense of accomplishment, growth through learning and training, and supportive colleagues. Team members achieve job satisfaction every day with the knowledge that their service positively impacts the high quality of life this community enjoys.
If an ADA accommodation is needed, please contact Human Resources at 605-367-8740 or email@example.com.