Job Opportunity: Interim (includes access to the City's health insurance)
Housing Intake Specialist Job Opportunities
Rate: $20.00 - $22.00 per hour
The City of Sioux Falls Human Relations Division of the City Attorney’s Office is seeking applicants for a Housing Intake Specialist to assist community members with Fair Housing discrimination issues as well as other housing-related challenges. This is an interim position, meaning a non-civil service, 40 hours per week position with no benefits except access to the City of Sioux Falls’ health insurance program.
- Serve as initial City contact for housing-related inquiries, and provide referrals to internal and external resources as appropriate.
- Provide assistance to individuals with questions and concerns relating to housing issues, and consolidate and track data relating to such inquiries.
- Gather information necessary to initiate Fair Housing complaints as appropriate.
- Determine and document gaps in housing services available to the community.
- Create and/or update Fair Housing program information and content on City website and social media pages.
- Maintain data on all Fair Housing calls, and assist Housing Division with reporting of program activities to HUD.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills:
Qualified applicants will have graduated from an accredited college or university with a degree in social work, human services, or a similar field; have substantial experience with housing-related advocacy work; or have any such combination of education, experience, and training as may be acceptable to the hiring authority.
Candidates must have strong oral and written communication skills, and have the ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment. They must be able to work effectively and respectfully with individuals from diverse backgrounds. A demonstrated commitment to social justice and housing-related work is preferred.
Apply today to become part of ONE Team and help us take care of today for a better tomorrow! This job listing is open until filled. EOE
Our core values of safety, teamwork, innovation, character and respect build community from the inside out. Employees’ top culture drivers include a strong sense of accomplishment, growth through learning and training, and supportive colleagues. Team members achieve job satisfaction every day with the knowledge that their service positively impacts the high quality of life this community enjoys.
If an ADA accommodation is needed, please contact Human Resources at 605-367-8740 or email@example.com. EOE.