Job Opportunity: Part-time
Innovation Program Specialist Job Opportunities
Rate: $17.00 – $20.00 hourly
Here at the City of Sioux Falls, we believe that innovation is anything that makes things better. From permit processes to personal mobility, the Innovation Team collaborates across departments and with the community to facilitate new approaches to civic problem solving.
The Innovation Team was formed in 2019 to support the One Sioux Falls framework. We believe that many small changes will add up to a big impact. We believe in the power of data. Most importantly, we believe that better ideas create a better quality of life for our residents.
The Innovation Team seeks a part-time or seasonal Innovation Program Specialist. This is a non-benefitted position offering 25 to 40 hours per week. The position will focus on developing innovation projects and programs. Expected duties include:
- Drive internal innovation project demand through content marketing
- Develop and execute content strategies, including writing website and social media content
- Assist with defining and delivering project plans that best fit client needs, developing innovation training curriculum, recruiting trainees, facilitating work sessions, coordinating work tasks, and supporting departments with operational decisions
- Build relationships with internal team members, other government agencies, and community partners
- Curiosity to continue learning about human-centered design, performance management, and workflow improvement
Ideal attributes would include:
- Analytical problem solver with exceptional communication skills
- Self-starter who enjoys complex problems
- Team-oriented, positive, can-do attitude
Qualified applicants should hold a business administration, public administration, or related degree, and have a minimum of two (2) years’ professional experience in communications, project management, or any combinations of education, experience, and training as may be acceptable to hiring authority. Excellent written and oral communication skills are required. EOE.
To be considered for the position, complete the application for Part-time or Seasonal Positions.
If an ADA accommodation is needed, please contact Human Resources at 605-367-8740 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Part-time or Seasonal Application
Step 1: Download and save the PDF application to your computer.
Step 2: Once saved, open the application in Adobe Reader. If you don’t have Adobe Reader, you can download it for free at https://get.adobe.com/reader.
Step 3: Fill out the application, then save your changes before closing.
Step 4: Attach the saved PDF document to an email, and send to email@example.com.