Job Opportunity: Seasonal
Laborers - Street Maintenance Job Opportunities
Rate: $17.00 - $20.00 per hour
The City of Sioux Falls Street Maintenance division is accepting applications for seasonal laborers and CDL drivers for the spring/summer season.
Summary: Perform semi-skilled and skilled duties, including a variety of City maintenance, construction, and repairs involving asphalt and concrete streets.
Essential duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate light equipment, including front-end loaders, sanders, dump trucks, tractors, trailers, asphalt rollers, pavers, and plate packers.
- Able to use simple hand tools and power tools
- Perform street maintenance tasks including pothole patching, service cuts, and various other street repairs
- Perform various miscellaneous duties such as hauling asphalt, aggregate, street sweeping, and millings.
- Perform other maintenance such as mowing, setting up barricades, and other duties as assigned
- Perform other such duties and function as are necessary or incidental to the proper performance of this position.
This is a seasonal, non-benefitted position. No previous experience is required. Qualified candidates who possess a minimum of a Class B CDL with Air Brakes Endorsement will start at $20.00 per hour. Qualified candidates who do not currently have a Class B CDL will start at $17.00 per hour.
Pre-employment drug screen and background check is required for this position.
Please contact the Street Division 367-8255 for details. Approximately 40 hours per week. Summer work week is 4-10 hour days, either Monday – Thursday or Tuesday – Friday.
Apply today to become part of ONE Team and help us take care of today for a better tomorrow! This job listing is open until filled. EOE.
Our core values of safety, teamwork, innovation, character and respect build community from the inside out. Employees’ top culture drivers include a strong sense of accomplishment, growth through learning and training, and supportive colleagues. Team members achieve job satisfaction every day with the knowledge that their service positively impacts the high quality of life this community enjoys.
If an ADA accommodation is needed, please contact Human Resources at 605-367-8740 or firstname.lastname@example.org. EOE