I-229 Exit 5, 26th Street, Southeastern Avenue Reconstruction
- Watermain and sanitary sewer installations in Southeastern Avenue are complete.
- Storm sewer pipes are being installed in Southeastern Avenue and 26th Street.
- The concrete box culvert under Southeastern Avenue is being installed.
Commuter Route Information
- Traffic is on the new Big Sioux River bridge.
- Southeastern Avenue south of 26th Street is open to traffic.
- Southeastern Avenue north of 26th Street is closed.
- Business access is from Cleveland Avenue.
2020 Project Milestones
- Begin construction of the bridge deck over the Big Sioux River
- Complete service road and connections onto Southeastern Ave to the south of 26th St
- Move traffic to the south side of 26th St
- Demolition of the north portion of the 26th St bridge over the Big Sioux River
- Construction of the piers
- Complete tie in work of the bridge over I-229
- Complete grading of 26th St near Rotary Park
- Utility installation on Southeastern Ave north of 26th St
- Construction of Southeastern Ave north of 26th St
- Open to traffic
March 6: Public Open House
26th & Cleveland
Completion Date: July 2021
Contract Amount: $38,000,000
This project will construct new on and off ramps from 26th St to I-229, realignment of Yeager Road and the construction of a new bridge over the Big Sioux River and the BNSF Railway. Installation of new watermain, sanitary and storm sewer, new street lights and traffic signals.
City of Sioux Falls