Marion Road from Madison Street to Maple Street Improvements
Project Update: 8/5/2020
- Water main installation is complete.
- Minor storm sewer work remains to be completed.
- Electrical conduit installation at Marion Road crossings are complete.
- Application of cement treated subgrade is complete.
- Roadway grading in boulevard areas is ongoing between W. Maple Street and W. Madison Street.
- Placement of gravel surfacing is continuing.
- Preparations for placement of concrete surfacing are under way.
2020 Project Milestones
- Surfacing removal
- Underground utility installation
- Fine grading and cement treated subgrade
- PCC pavement surfacing
- Roadway lighting & Traffic signals
- Topsoil & seeding
Commuter Route Information:
- Marion Road between W. Maple Street and W. Madison Street is closed to traffic throughout the project.
- Northbound traffic on Marion Road will be detoured east to Terry Avenue and then proceed north to Career Avenue and onto N. Maple Street.
- Southbound traffic on N. Marion will be detoured to the east to Career Avenue and south to Terry Avenue and then back onto Madison Street and west back to Marion Road to resume southbound traffic.
- Please be aware of heavy truck traffic in these areas due to the construction activity.
October 24, 2020 with final cleanup by June 26, 2021
Reconstruction of a rural asphalt pavement section to a four lane concrete pavement section with turning lanes. Utility work includes traffic signals, street lights, storm sewer, sanitary sewer watermain.
City of Sioux Falls
Office: 605 367 8640
Sayre Associates, Inc.
Office: 605 332 7211
Cell: 605 940 1051