Marion Road from Madison Street to Maple Street Improvements
Project Update: 10/27/2020
- Placement of concrete surfacing on Marion Road is complete.
- Installation of lighting along Marion Road is nearing completion.
- Sidewalk placement is continuing on the west side of Marion Road.
- Topsoil placement in boulevard areas between W. Maple Street and W. Madison Street is ongoing.
- Landscaping work is expected to begin soon.
- The project was opened to traffic on Friday, October 23, 2020.
- Various project work will continue for the next several weeks.
2020 Project Milestones
- Surfacing removal
- Underground utility installation
- Fine grading and cement treated subgrade
- PCC pavement surfacing
- Roadway lighting & Traffic signals
- Topsoil & seeding
Commuter Route Information:
- Marion Road between W. Maple Street and W. Madison Street is now open.
- Expect various lane closures for the next few weeks as work continues near the edges of the roadway.
- Please be aware of slow-moving construction traffic entering and exiting the work areas.
October 24, 2020 with final cleanup by June 26, 2021
Reconstruction of a rural asphalt pavement section to a four lane concrete pavement section with turning lanes. Utility work includes traffic signals, street lights, storm sewer, sanitary sewer watermain.
City of Sioux Falls
Office: 605 367 8640
Sayre Associates, Inc.
Office: 605 332 7211
Cell: 605 940 1051