Marion Road from 41st Street to Bakker Park Drive
Project Update 6/18/2021
- Concrete work is now complete on the east side of Marion Road between 41st Street and 53rd Street.
- After the concrete cures for several days, crews will return and perform asphalt patching at the concrete repair locations.
- Concrete work is in progress south of 57th Street.
- After concrete work in this segment is complete, the asphalt will be patched here as well.
- Asphalt milling and paving will occur after all concrete work and asphalt patching noted above is complete.
- During this work, northbound traffic will be detoured.
- See the Commuter Route Information for additional information.
Commuter Route Information:
- Marion Road is now open to traffic between 53rd Street and 57th Street.
- Marion Road from 41st Street to 53rd Street is reduced to one lane in each direction.
- During asphalt milling and paving, northbound traffic will be detoured.
- Electronic message boards will be set up to alert traffic to changing traffic patterns and detour routes as the project progresses.
- Marion Road from 400’ south of 57th Street to Bakker Park Drive is closed to traffic.
- Motorists should utilize 49th Street, Solberg Avenue, and 57th Street as an alternate route.
- Marion Road – 53rd Street and 57th Street
- Marion Road - 41st Street to 53rd Street – East ½
- Marion Road - 41st Street to 53rd Street – West ½
- Marion Road 57th Street to Bakker Park Drive – Full Closure
September 17, 2021
This project consists of milling the existing asphalt roadway surface and installing a new asphalt overlay surface from 41st Street to 53rd Street and from 57th Street south to the cul-de-sac. Mill and overlay work will also be completed on 44th Street from 45th Street to Marion Road. The existing roadway surfacing has deteriorated to a point that restoration is needed. Other improvements include replacing sidewalk curb ramps at all intersections and curb and gutter repairs at various locations.
City of Sioux Falls
McLaury Engineering, Inc.
Double H Paving, Inc.