Minnesota Avenue/Russell Street Intersection Rehabilitation
Project Update 2/5/2021
- Phase 1A – East leg of Russell Street
- Phase 1B – East ½ of Minnesota Avenue and the left turn lanes in the west leg of Russell Street
- Phase 2 – Northwest quadrant of Minnesota Avenue and Russell Street
- Phase 3 – Southwest quadrant of Minnesota Avenue and Russell Street
Commuter Route Information:
- This project will be phased to allow the intersection of Minnesota Avenue and Russell Street to remain open during the joint repairs.
- Necessary traffic control will be placed per phase limiting the number of lanes that can be accessed.
- Truck traffic will be restricted from making turning movements at the intersection.
- Trucks will be detoured around the intersection.
- The project will begin with the closure of Russell Street east of Minnesota Avenue for approximately one month with all of other legs of the intersection open to traffic.
- Access to local businesses will be allowed and appropriate detours will be in place.
September 15, 2021
This project consists of milling the existing asphalt roadway surface and installing a new asphalt overlay surface from 41st Street to 53rd Street and from 57th Street south to the cul-de-sac. Mill and overlay work will also be completed on 44th Street from 45th Street to Marion Road. The existing roadway surfacing has deteriorated to a point that restoration is needed. Other improvements include replacing sidewalk curb ramps at all intersections and curb and gutter repairs at various locations.
City of Sioux Falls