Outdoor Aquatic Facilities and Splash Pads Open June 2
City outdoor aquatic facilities will open for the season at 1 p.m. Friday, June 2. Sioux Falls Parks and Recreation operates the Midco® Aquatic Center and eight other facilities, including three family aquatic centers, two neighborhood aquatic facilities, two spray parks, and one wading pool. The Hayward Spray Park opened early with the grand opening held on May 19.
"Aquatic facilities make summer fun in Sioux Falls," said Jean Pearson, Aquatics Recreation Program Coordinator. "They’re a great way to stay active, cool down, and enjoy the outdoors."
Open swim at aquatic facilities is held from 1 to 5 p.m. and 6:30 to 8 p.m. daily. Children 6 years old and younger must be supervised by someone at least 16. The ratio of children 6 and younger must not exceed five per adult. Spray parks are open from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Swim passes are now available. Residents can search for all open aquatic facilities and splash pads using the Park Finder Map. Swim passes may be used at any of the following aquatic facilities when open:
- Drake Springs Family Aquatic Center, 301 South Fairfax Avenue (daily admission or swim pass)
- Frank Olson Pool, 4101 East 16th Street (daily admission or swim pass)
- Kuehn Park Pool, 2309 South Kuehn Park Road (daily admission or swim pass)
- Laurel Oak Family Aquatic Center, 3401 East 49th Street (daily admission or swim pass)
- Midco® Aquatic Center, 1601 South Western Avenue (daily admission or swim pass)
- McKennan Park Wading Pool, 1500 South Third Avenue (free)
- Pioneer Spray Park, Pine Street and Jessica Avenue (free)
- Terrace Park Family Aquatic Center, 1001 West Madison Avenue (daily admission or swim pass)
- Hayward Park Splash Pad, 400 North Valley View Road (currently open, free)
New aquatics programming for summer 2023:
- School's Out Summer Pool Party, June 4, 6 to 8 p.m., at Drake Springs, Frank Olson, Kuehn, Laurel Oak, and Terrace Park family aquatic facilities. Celebrate summer with music, pool games, and fun outdoors.
- Two-Week Aquatic Summer Camp for ages 10–13 at Terrace Park Family Aquatic Center, weekdays from June 1 to 16, 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Dive into stroke swimming games, water polo, volleyball, BOGA boards, and more. Experience different strokes, crafts, and water/lawn games. Must be able to swim 25 yards. Bring a snack, water, towel, hat, and sunscreen. $25, registration required.
For more information on City aquatic facilities, including locations, hours, events, and additional details, visit www.siouxfalls.org/parks/aquatics. All summer programs and swimming lessons can be found in the Summer Activities Guide.