Terrace Park Japanese Garden
Terrace Park Japanese Garden Information and Rules
- All activities associated with a reservation MUST take place within the time block reserved. This includes any pre-wedding activities such as chair delivery, setup, decorating, photographs, etc., and any teardown/cleanup.
- Park closing time of 10 p.m. must be observed. Event must be over and participants must be out of the park by 10 p.m. regardless of starting time.
- If your event uses amplified sound with a duration of more than one hour, you must contact the Health Department at 605-367-8760 about a permit, per Section 93.007 of the Code of Ordinances.
- There are no electrical outlets available in the Japanese Gardens.
- No vehicles are allowed on grass or sidewalks without a permit. Please call the Park Office at 605-367-8222 to request a vehicle permit.
- Canopies are not allowed in the Japanese Gardens.
- There are approximately 10 benches available for your use in the Japanese Gardens.
- Chairs are allowed in the garden area; you may bring your own chairs or you may rent them from area vendors. Chairs cannot be delivered the day before your event and left overnight in the park, they must be delivered and set up within the reservation time block. No chairs or benches may be placed in flower or plant beds.
- Garlands or decorations used in the garden area can be tied or wired in place. Nothing may be stapled or tacked to any structure.
- Flowers planted at wedding locations will be maintained from mid-May through mid-October, weather permitting.
- Parking is available in the swimming pool parking lot and along residential streets.
- Users are requested to clean up litter. Please place trash in the containers provided.
- The reserving party will be held responsible for any damages caused by activities during the time the party has access to the property.