Nordic Ski Trails
Cross Country Skiing
Did you know that Sioux Falls has three Nordic ski trails within the city limits? All trails offer a variety of skill levels, scenic wooded areas, and a surefire way to get some exercise. The Great Bear trail location also offers lessons to the beginning skier. So grab a friend, dust off those skis, and head for the trails. After any traceable snowfall, trails will be groomed following priority city snow removal. For more information call 605-367-8222.
Sertoma Park Ski Trail
1.2 mile trail. Parking available.
Trail system includes wooded areas frequently inhabited by wildlife.
1.8 mile skate trail. Parking available.
Very scenic area that has smooth rolling trail.
Skiers will enjoy the open spaces as well as the wooded and river views.
Great Bear Recreation Park
6 K groomed ski loop. Parking available.
Wooded area with varying degree of terrain.
Trails for beginners and the more experienced Nordic and Skate skier.
Nordic ski lessons available.
Skier‘s Responsibility Code
There are elements of risk in skiing that common sense and personal
awareness can help reduce.
- Always stay in control. Be able to stop or avoid other people or objects.
- People ahead of you have the right-of-way. It’s your responsibility
to avoid them.
- Never stop where you obstruct a trail or are not visible from above.
Whenever starting downhill or merging into a trail, look uphill and
yield to others.
- Always use devices that help prevent runaway equipment.
- Observe all posted signs and warning. Keep off closed trails and
out of closed areas.