Shape Sioux Falls Chapter 8 Shaping Foundations and Revitalization Plans
Overall Intent: To conserve and/or revitalize the older or “foundation” neighborhoods. Strategy: Identify neighborhood conservation areas which will be the basis of a concerted and grassroots neighborhood planning effort. Implementation: Neighborhood planning and support programs, assistance, and development tools.
“Elements of a Neighborhood Plan” Conservation strategies are those steps, processes, and objectives that, when implemented, foster holistic conservation and strengthen neighborhoods.
Specific neighborhood conservation plans do the following:
- Educate both City government and neighborhood residents about each other’s concerns and visions for the future.
- Promote collaboration between the City and the neighborhood in order to achieve mutual goals and a shared sense of responsibility.
- Create a “sense of place” within the community by identifying and developing the assets within the neighborhood.
- Initiate change by addressing specific issues and opportunities.
- Identify implementation steps which will lead to quality-of-life improvements and strengthening of the neighborhood.
- Provide realistic and fiscally responsible direction for future activities in the neighborhood.
Neighborhood Services Coordinator