When your property is appropriately zoned, check to see if there are special zoning permits required before applying for a building permit.

Check with Shape Places Zoning Interface to check if other special zoning permits will be required.

Check applications for conditional uses, alternative plan, initial development plan, and preliminary plan.


Please note that some uses have specific conditions that need to be met. If those conditions cannot be met then a public hearing for a Conditional Use Permit will be required (which can be appealed by any person’s request to the City Council).

In addition, please note that while some uses can be allowed based on the zoning district if the use need more transition area because of the surrounding uses then some of the land on site may be unbuildable and required for screening and setback (see the buffer yard requirements for specific details or contact the Zoning Department).


1 2 3 4 5


Diane deKoyer
   Phone: 605-367-8889