Erosion and Sediment Control
Erosion & Sediment Control
Individual Lot Erosion & Sediment Control
The Engineering Department has developed four individual lot erosion control templates for use by lot owners. These templates have been developed to assist those lot owners who are located in developments where a MICS plan was not developed. The City anticipates the need for these templates will diminish as the MICS plans are implemented in new subdivisions throughout town.
If a lot owner must utilize the templates, they should follow the process outlined below:
- Select the template that reflects the conditions on their lot.
- Submit an NOI to the SD DENR to obtain coverage under a General Storm Water Permit for Construction Activities. Use the link on the right for the DENR website.
- Complete the narrative document with the site and owner information along with the approved NOI permit number.
- Submit the template and completed narrative to the Engineering Department for review and acceptance.
Once Engineering has accepted the individual lot erosion control plan and narrative, the lot owner can apply for a building permit from Planning and Building Services.
If you have any questions about this process, please contact Andy Berg at 367-8601.
- Erosion & Sediment Control
- Streamlining Methods for Field Changes and Approvals
- Individual Lot Erosion & Sediment Control Narrative (DOC)
- Individual Lot Erosion & Sediment Control Narrative (PDF)
- Type A: Back-Front: Left
- Type B: Back-Front: Right
- Type C: Front-Back: Left
- Type D: Front-Back: Right