Sioux Falls Regional Water Reclamation Plant Expansion Project
In February of 2018, the City finalized a Facility Plan that defined major improvements to its regional water reclamation facililty (WRF) and collection system. These improvements will extend the useful life of the overall system and address growth and economic development for the City region over the next 20 years. This is the first major expansion project in over 40 years since the original facility was built.
- Water Reclamation Facility Master Plan complete
- City Council master plan presentation
- City Council 2020-2023 utility rate presentation
- 2020-2023 wastewater rate increases approved
- City Council CMAR presentation
- City Council approval to use CMAR project delivery method
- Carollo Engineers selected as design engineer and contract approved
- McCarthy selected as CMAR and contract approved
- $41,625,000 SRF loan 1 approved
- Conceptual design
- SD DENR permit released for public comment
- 15% design cost model
- DENR permit approved
- 60% design cost model
- Mobilization to Site
- Site Preparaitons
- Final project completion
Cost and Timing
The $215,000,000 project is funded through ARPA grant funding and State Revolving Fund (SRF) loans. The SRF is a fund administered by the state of South Dakota for the purpose of providing low-interest loans for investments in water, wastewater, and storm sewer infrastructure.
Carollo Engineers, Inc.
Construction Manager at Risk
McCarthy Building Companies, Inc.
Integrated Delivery Solutions