The City works on a large number of street construction projects throughout the year. Some are major projects planned for and budgeted through our Capital Improvement Program (CIP). Others, like asphalt overlay and slurry seal projects, are maintenance programs to improve ride quality and extend the period between major rehabilitation or reconstruction. We also work on infrastructure improvements in and around streets like sanitary sewer, water mains, and storm drainage.
Active Construction Projects
- Arrowhead Parkway and Six Mile Road Intersection
- NE Sycamore Avenue, Benson Road, & 60th Street Overpass *
- Benson Road / 1-229 Interchange Reconstruction *
- E. 6th Street Concrete Rehabilitation and Asphalt Overlay from N. Leadale Avenue to N. Sycamore Avenue
- 26th Street Overlay- Cleveland Avenue to Alpine Avenue
- 33rd Street and Veterans Parkway Area Traffic Signal Improvements
- 41st Street Diverging Diamond *
- 57th Street, Veterans Parkway to Six Mile Road
- Cliff Avenue and 85th Street Area Improvements
- 2023 Retrofit Cathodic Protection
- South Veterans Parkway - Western Avenue to Cliff Avenue *
Want to receive construction updates?
Subscribe to the City's street construction newsletter for monthly updates on all projects. You can also subscribe to an individual project to receive updates while that project is active.Subscribe
Planning for Street Construction
All roads eventually need repair. As the City grows and expands, changing commuter routes require capacity improvements or new construction. Engineers work hard to plan for both repairing and building new roads throughout the City. Major projects often involve feasibility studies to help forecast infrastructure needs.Future Projects
Every year we detail projects we are planning for the next 5 years in the Capital Improvement Program. This is presented to the City Council for approval each year. Projects are funded primarily through the Second Penny Sales Tax. You can find the most recent edition online to see if anything is planned for your neighborhood or commute.