8th Street Bridge Rehabilitation and Greenway Improvements
Project Update 10/30/2020
Due to COVID-19, weekly meetings will not be open to the public. If you have questions or concerns, please reach out to the project team.
- The bridge will open to both vehicular and pedestrian traffic on Friday, November 20th.
- The bike trail on the east side of the river will remain closed throughout the winter as crews continue to work on the Greenway improvements.
- Road and bike trail closures and detours begin
- Removals of the surfacing work
- Private utility relocation
- Construction of bridge access roads and cofferdams
- Bridge fill removal
- Bridge rehabilitation improvements
- Concrete repairs along 8th Street
- Private utility placement
- Bridge fill placement
- Open roadway
- Greenway and bike trail improvements
- Final project completion
Commuter Route Information:
- The bike path under the bridge will remain closed. Please use the designated detour route.
- The river is also be closed to canoe/kayaking. A portage has been installed upstream of the bridge.
Meeting Date: 11/11/2019
Final completion of work is August 28, 2021
This project includes rehabilitation of the 8th Street bridge, watermain replacement, alley and Greenway improvements, sidewalk improvements, bridge lighting and construction of concrete street surfacing and concrete patching.
City of Sioux Falls
Infrastructure Design Group
SFC Civil Constructors
A Journey Group Company