Ellis Road 41st Street to 26th Street
- Concrete sidepath construction completed throughout the project.
- Colored median concrete pours from 26th Street to the north end of the project.
- Sweeping and cleanup activities throughout the project north of 26th street.
- Seeding and mulching of disturbed areas has been completed along Ellis Road from 26th street to 41st street.
- Permanent pavement markings installed along Ellis Road south of 26th street beginning August 12th.
- Grading, Utilities, and Pavement from 41st Street to 26th Street
- Landscaping, median paving, and sidewalk installation from 41st Street to 26th Street
- Grading, Utilities, and Pavement from 26th Street to 22nd Street
- Grading, Utilities, and Pavement from 22nd Street to Stoney Creek Street
- Grading, Utilities, and Pavement from Stoney Creek Street to 12th Street
- Landscaping, median paving, and sidewalk installation from 26th Street to 12th Street
- On Friday, August 16th, Ellis Road is scheduled to open to one lane of traffic in each direction from 26th Street to 12th Street.
- Drivers should remain alert when using this segment as there will be ongoing construction activities behind curbs along this portion of Ellis Road.
Ellis Road Status
|41st Street to 26th Street||Open|
|26th Street to 22nd Street||Scheduled to open Friday, August 16th|
|22nd Street to Stoney Creek Street||Scheduled to open Friday, August 16th|
|Stoney Creek Street to 12th Street||Scheduled to open Friday, August 16th|
East/West Cross Streets
- 22nd Street: Open
- Stoney Creek Street: Scheduled to open Friday, August 16th
- All other streets crossing Ellis Road: Open
Estimated Completion Date
Contract Amount: $12.2M
Reconstruct Ellis Road to a 4-lane urban street with center median, street lights, traffic signals and concrete side paths. New sanitary sewer, storm sewer and water main will be installed. Dedicated right and left turn lanes will be constructed at multiple intersections along Ellis. The improvements to Ellis Road will increase traffic capacity and safety. The utility improvements will serve the west side as continued growth occurs.
City of Sioux Falls
John Osman, Project Manager
Jon Heck, Project Manager
KLJ is a private civil engineering firm hired by the City of Sioux Falls to provide construction updates and construction administration for the project. Please contact the following team members for questions or concerns.
T&R Contracting, Inc.