Marion Road Watermain-Benson Road to University Trail
Project Update 11/8/2019
- Contractor is planning to start Phase 1 in mid-November, weather permitting.
- Construction this Fall is expected to end mid-December.
- Phase 2 will follow Phase 1, which is expected to be started in the Spring.
- Water main installation between University Trail and 54th Street
- Water main installation between 54th Street and Yukon Trail
- Water main installation between Yukon Trail and Benson Road
- Installation of culvert at 54th Street
- Site Restoration/Clean-up for Phase 1
- Water main installation across Marion Road at 54th Street
- Water main installation across Marion Road at Jans Drive
- Water main installation across Marion Road at Yukon Trail
- Replacement of existing surfacing
- Site Restoration/Clean-up for Phase 2
Commuter Route Information
- Two-way traffic will be maintained on Marion Road with the west shoulder of the road closed.
- The south bound lane will be shifted over to allow water main installation in the west ditch.
- However, the side streets (Yukon Trail, Antelope Drive, and W. 54th Street) will be closed off Marion Road when the Contractor crosses them. Access to local residents will be available from alternate locations.
- Marion Road will be closed for short periods to install water main under the road.
- During this time, traffic will be diverted to Career Avenue at 60th Street N. and Benson Road.
Completion Date:June 13, 2020
Project Summary:This project consists of installation of 24” water main along Marion Road between Benson Road and University Trail, removal and replacement of storm sewer culverts, removal and replacement of existing surfacing, and site restoration. The project is being completed to improve service and reliability in the area.
City of Sioux FallsJustin Petersen, Project Manager
Consultant Name:DGR Engineering
H&W Contracting, LLC