Sioux Area Metro COVID-19 Operating Procedures
Social Distancing and Enhanced Cleaning
Social Distancing Guidelines on SAM buses during COVID-19 Pandemic follow CDC guidelines for social distancing.
- Riders should maintain as much distance as possible between other riders and the driver.
- All drivers are wearing masks while driving and we require riders to do the same. Masks are available on all buses and will be provided to all passengers.
- If you are feeling ill, please do not ride the bus and stay at home.
Enhanced Cleaning of Buses during COVID-19 Pandemic
Sioux Area Metro continues to enhance cleaning methods to help prevent the spread of COVID-19:
- Expanded routine cleaning of commonly/frequently touched surfaces such as handrails, handles, seats, operating controls and knobs.
- Each bus is equipped with a commercial disinfectant deodorant that sanitizes fabric and leather and kills several pandemic viruses. Drivers use the disinfectant as needed.
- SAM employees have been advised to wash their hands as frequently as possible.
- Thoroughly cleaning of buses when they return to the garage as often as possible with current available staff.