Bus Fares and Passes
|Adults and students||$1.50|
|Elderly (Over 65)*||75¢|
|Persons with disabilities*||75¢|
|Youth (Under 18)
with school ID or SAM Freedom Pass**
|Children 5 yrs. and under**||Free|
|Adult 30-day pass||$30|
|30-Day Pass, elderly (65+) and persons with a disability||$15|
|7-Day Pass, elderly (65+) and persons with a disability||$6.25|
|One day pass||$3|
|One day pass, elderly (65+) and persons with a disability||$1.50|
|Veterans (with approved ID)*
* Eligibility card required for discounted fare. Application available at the downtown Bus Stop or Sioux Area Metro offices or by calling Sioux Area Metro at (605) 367-7151.
** Children under the age of 10 must be accompanied by an adult.
How to Pay for Your Fare:
Several payment options are available for bus passes.
- Paying Your Fare on Bus: Each bus entrance has a fare box where you can pay with cash. Insert your fare into the fare box next to the driver, then take a seat. Make sure you have exact change because our drivers cannot make change.
- Paying Your Fare at Lewis Drug: Tickets maybe purchased from the following Lewis Drug Stores:
- E. 10th st
- 41st and Marion
- 26th and Sycamore
- 12th and Kiwanis
- Paying Your Fare from a SAM location: Passes can be purchased from the Bus Stop located at 120 East 11th Street or the Sioux Area Metro Office, 500 East Sixth Street. Passes may be purchased with cash (change provided) or credit card.
- Paying Your Fare via Mail: Passes may also be purchased by mail. Please send a check payable to Sioux Area Metro, 500 E 6th St., Sioux Falls, SD 57103.
When an eligibility card is required: Application available at the downtown Bus Stop or Sioux Area Metro offices or by calling Sioux Area Metro at (605) 367-7151.