Slurry Seal Project Information
A slurry seal is a low cost preventative maintenance treatment used to extend the life of a street in good condition and address minor defects. A slurry seal is a ½” layer applied on top of the existing asphalt surface by a paver and is a mixture of asphalt oil, small rock and other additives. The slurry seal process is very fast and streets are typically open to traffic within a few hours after application.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What do I do if my car gets towed?
- If your car does get towed it will just be around the corner. You can call 367-8255 to find the exact location of your vehicle. You are not charged if your car does get towed.
- How long before I can drive on it?
- You can typically drive straight on it after 3 hours. It is preferred that you wait 6 hours after application before you turn on the treated street.
- When will you be on my street?
- Weather pending we will door tag you the night before we are going to slurry your street. You can also follow along with the interactive map at siouxfalls,org/slurry or call 367-8255 with any questions.