Southeastern Avenue Sewer Lining and Asphalt Mill & Overlay, Klondike Trail to 49th Street
Project Update: 10/11/2019
- Sanitary manhole replacement work continues along the east side of Southeastern Avenue, with manhole replacement occurring from 33rd Street to 41st Street.
- The manhole work is looking to be fully completed by early next week (weather depending).
- Asphalt mill & overlay work along the east side of Southeastern Avenue may begin next week, with the lining of the existing sanitary sewer to begin in the next weeks.
- Curb & gutter and curb ramp repairs are occurring between 41st Street and 49th Street along the east side of Southeastern Ave, and will also be occurring at 33rd Street and at the sanitary manholes as they are being replaced from north to south.
- Sanitary manhole replacement
- Sanitary sewer lining (CIPP)
- Curb and gutter repairs
- Installation of ADA compliant sidewalk ramps
- Asphalt milling and overlay
Commuter Route Information
- The Bike Trail along the west side of Southeastern Avenue is open for use.
- Southeastern Avenue will be closed to through traffic south of 26th Street.
- Traffic will be detoured to Cliff Avenue and Sycamore Avenue.
- 33rd Street is closed @ the east side of Southeastern Avenue.
- Traffic will be detoured to Woodland Hills Road and Old Orchard Trail.
Sign Up for Notifications
Contract Amount: $3.69 million
Completion Date: November 8, 2019
Work will be performed along Southeastern Avenue, south of the intersection of 26th Street & Southeastern Avenue; with the project work limits from Klondike Trail to 49th Street. Major work items will include sanitary sewer manhole replacements, sanitary sewer lining (CIPP), curb and gutter repairs, ADA compliant sidewalk ramps, and asphalt milling & overlay.
City of Sioux Falls
John Osman, Project Manager
(605) 977-7740 (Office)
(605) 610-7955 (Cell)
H&W Contracting, LLC