Southwest Sioux Falls Drainage Improvements – Phase 1
Project Update 6/18/2021
- The drainageway has been graded to its new shape and depth.
- Crews have installed the storm drainage pipe and low flow drain tile located in the bottom of the drainageway.
- Grading operations on the Sundowner pond are nearing completion and will continue over the next few weeks.
- Over the next two weeks, grading operations on the Sundowner pond, installation of the sump pump service lines adjacent to the drainageway, and restoration operations within the drainageway are all expected to continue.
Commuter Route Information:
- All streets remain open to traffic.
- There will be an increase in truck traffic along Sundowner Avenue and Galway Avenue as grading operations continues.
- The sidewalk along the west side of Anthony Ave between 61st Street and 62nd Street is closed.
- Installation of erosion control and traffic control
- Tree and topsoil removal
- Excavation and site grading
- Storm drainage pipe installation
- Sump pump collection system installation
- Sidewalk and curb & gutter repairs
- Fine grading
- Site restoration
August 31, 2021
This project consists of drainage improvements within an existing drainage way from Galway Avenue to Sundowner Avenue. The southwest area of Sioux Falls has seen significant drainage issues during major rain events over the last several years, and the improvements are being constructed to address those issues. Work includes grading of the channel from Galway Avenue to Anthony Avenue, and construction of a storm water detention pond between Anthony Avenue and Sundowner Avenue. A low flow storm drainage pipe will be constructed adjacent to the channel from Galway Avenue to Anthony Avenue. A sump pump collection system will also be constructed along the north side of 61st Street. Stub outs will be provided residents to hook up to if they choose.
City of Sioux Falls
Stockwell Engineers, Inc.
H&W Contracting, LLC