Southwest Sioux Falls Drainage Improvements – Phase 1
Project Update 2/26/2021
- The contractor has started mobilizing his equipment to the area.
- Over the next few weeks, the contractor will start cutting down the reeds throughout the entire project limits, then start the pond grading near Sundowner Avenue.
- The Contractor will generally be working from east to west through the project.
- Installation of erosion control and traffic control
- Tree and topsoil removal
- Excavation and site grading
- Storm drainage pipe installation
- Sump pump collection system installation
- Sidewalk and curb & gutter repairs
- Fine grading
- Site restoration
Commuter Route Information:
- All streets remain open to traffic.
- There will be an increase in truck traffic along Sundowner Avenue and Galway Avenue as grading operations begin.
August 31, 2021
This project consists of drainage improvements within an existing drainage way from Galway Avenue to Sundowner Avenue. The southwest area of Sioux Falls has seen significant drainage issues during major rain events over the last several years, and the improvements are being constructed to address those issues. Work includes grading of the channel from Galway Avenue to Anthony Avenue, and construction of a storm water detention pond between Anthony Avenue and Sundowner Avenue. A low flow storm drainage pipe will be constructed adjacent to the channel from Galway Avenue to Anthony Avenue. A sump pump collection system will also be constructed along the north side of 61st Street. Stub outs will be provided residents to hook up to if they choose.
City of Sioux Falls
Stockwell Engineers, Inc.
H&W Contracting, LLC