Tennis Lane Utility and Surfacing Improvements (Tennis Lane from 57th St. to Louise Ave. & 51st Street from Tennis Ln. to Oxbow Ave.)
Phase 1 of the project is nearly complete and will be re-opened to traffic between Tennis Lane and Oxbow avenue. The Contractor is currently working on utility installation along Phase 2 of the project, installing sanitary sewer, watermain, and storm sewer.
The Contractor intends to begin removals along Phase 3 of the project on May 28th. “No Parking” signs will be installed a minimum of 24 hours prior to the road closure for this work. On May 28th, Tennis Lane will be closed to traffic from 55th Street to Louise Avenue. Pedestrian access shall be maintained throughout the project.
If water/sewer interruptions are required, an effort will be made to provide residents with a minimum 24 hour notice before the interruption beings.
- Phase 1: W. 51st Street from S. Tennis Lane to S. Oxbow Avenue.
- Phase 2: S. Tennis Lane from S. Louise Avenue to W. 51st Street.
- Phase 3: S. Tennis Lane from W. 51st Street to W. 55th Street.
- Phase 4: S. Tennis Lane form W. 55th Street to W. 57th Street.
Commuter Route Information
- During each phase of construction, the roadway shall be closed to traffic. Temporary accesses for business shall be established by the Contractor when necessary. Pedestrian access shall be maintained throughout the project.
- “No Parking” signs shall be installed a minimum of 24 hours prior to construction for each phase.
- If water/sewer interruptions are required, an effort will be made to provide residents with a minimum 24 hour notice before the interruption begins.
- On May 28th, Tennis Lane will be closed to traffic from 55th Street to Louise Avenue.
Sign Up for Notifications
Estimated Completion Date
Mid October, 2019
Utility improvements including new water main, sanitary sewer, and storm water pipe. Asphalt pavement removal and replacement. ADA sidewalk ramps replacement.
City of Sioux Falls
John Osman, Project Manager