Veteran’s Parkway, 6th Street to Madison Street
Project Update 6/9/2021
- All gravelling is complete.
- The outside lanes have been paved, and the rest of the concrete paving is in progress.
- Once concrete paving is complete, the contractor will work on the street lighting, pavement striping, and installing signs.
- The City has decided to add a southbound right turn lane from Veterans Parkway onto westbound Arrowhead Parkway to help alleviate some traffic congestion in the area.
- This work will be starting up in the next couple of weeks as well.
Commuter Route Information:
- Impacts to traffic are expected to be minimal.
- Periodic minor delays could occur.
- Motorists should keep alert for slowing traffic, construction vehicles entering or exiting the roadway, and other changing conditions while construction is underway.
- Traffic Control and Erosion Control
- Rough Grading
- Storm Sewer Installation
- Fine Grading
- Concrete Paving
- Street Lighting
- Pavement Markings
- Traffic Signs
- Site Restoration
October 1, 2021
This project is the next step in the construction of Veterans Parkway, a four lane divided highway along the east and south sides of Sioux Falls. Work will include constructing the east half of Veterans Parkway from just south of Madison Street to just south of 6th Street to convert this segment to a four-lane roadway with a center median and 12’ wide shoulders. Improvements include additional storm drainage piping, street lighting, curb and gutter, and concrete pavement.
City of Sioux Falls
Infrastructure Design Group, Inc.
T & R Contracting, Inc.